What are Fillers?
Dermal fillers are synthetic bio materials that can be used to enhance the volume of cheeks and lips. Dermal fillers help diminish the facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
Why we need Fillers?
Volume loss is one of the prime causes for an aged look. Fillers provide a quick solution with an immediate effect. However, it is important to appreciate that the common fillers are effective only for moderate volume loss. Fillers are reabsorbed and require repeated injections for maintenance.
Indications for fillers
- Cheek volume and lifting : Fillers can add volume to the cheeks to make the face look more appealing and young.
- Lip Enhancement : Fillers can enhance the outline and/or increase the volume to improve the definition as well as make the lips look plumper.
- Smokers lines : Fillers can also be used to mitigate the lip wrinkles though usually this can be combined with Botox.
- Nasolabial fold : The line running from the side of your nose to the corner of your mouth can deepen with time. This can be softened by filler injection.
- Injection Rhinoplasty : Fillers can be an excellent substitute to smoother out minor nasal defects i.e. depression, asymmetries or to make the nasal hump less obvious.
What Dermal Fillers won’t do?
For some patients, surgery such as a face lift, brow lift, or eye lift may be the best approach. Non-surgical rejuvenation treatments, such as soft tissue fillers, cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time when consideration of a face lift becomes appropriate.
- The most popular fillers have Hyaluronic acid (HA) which is a naturally occurring chemical within our cells. It does not cause allergy when injected.
- A big reassurance is that, if, for any reason you do not like the fuller look after injection, the filler can be reversed by injecting another natural chemical.
- Fillers are effective in filling unwanted depressions such as acne scars and very useful for hand rejuvenation as well.
- All products are FDA approved and require no down time or recovery.