How it works?
This treatment is particularly beneficial for acne and pox scarring with added anti aging benefits to it. The gold coated micro-needles pierce the skin creating microchannels and then deliver RF energy beneath the epidermis. This will induced a controlled trauma beneath the skin stimulating a wound healing response from the body with collagen formation. As a result, visible tightening and plumping of the skin is noticed and this continues to improve with time as more collagen builds up.
It is better compared to fraction lasers in that the damage to the epidermis is minimal and the procedure is relatively less painful (although a topical numbing agent can be used to make the procedure more comfortable). Also the complications post procedure on exposure to sunlight is less with an MNRF
- This innovative equipment allows for radio frequency to be customized and also gives a precision in depth making it easier to treat all skin types and treat all areas including the delicate eye area, hand and decolletage.
- The use of the microneedles and RF energy in conjunction helps various treatment serums and solutions penetrate the skin better giving more effective results while ensuring that the epidermis/ top layer is left unaffected.
- The risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation post MRF procedure is minimal in patients with darker skin tones /melasma compared to those treated with lasers.
How is the procedure done?
An anesthetic numbing cream is applied for about an hour before treatment. Then the probe containing the ultra-fine needles are delivered to the area of concern on your skin, and then the radio frequency energy is released.
We recommend you follow it up with a skin care regimen used after any aesthetic procedure such as the use of mild cleansers as the skin might be really sensitive, a sunblock of higher spf which is non-comedogenic and a treatment cream if required based on your needs. It usually takes 1-3 days for the skin to recover. We will make sure you feel at ease and relaxed during your treatment as you’re in safe & medically qualified hands.
How soon will I notice results?
Even after one treatment, your skin will feel smoother and tighter with less visible pores and scars as collagen is stimulated. With repeat sessions, as collagen production also increases,visible results starts to show. Treatments are specific to each individual, with one to four treatments normally being required.
How long does result last?
Results vary, depending on various factors such as quality of your skin before the procedure and the degree of damage. However the affected area will begin to improve even after the first session and will continue so for up to six months.
Do I need to repeat this treatment?
This is entirely based on your personal preferences and the reason why you came in. If it was for acne scarring; we recommend a repeat procedure once a month x 3 months but for general rejuvenation, once a year or 6 monthly should suffice. Most of our clients like to come back for yearly maintenance for enhanced collagen regeneration and long term benefits.
Who should avoid this procedure
- Pregnant women
- Patients on anti-coagulant medicines
- Those who have a tendency to develop keloids – a kind of scar.