What is it?
As we age, gravity take its toll and loss of fat volume in addition results: in Hollow cheeks,Sagging jowls & Deep Wrinkle lines.
A thread lift is one of the latest techniques performed for sagging skin in age’s 30-50. The procedure is done only by a doctor. It is a minimally invasive treatment that uses specialized surgical threads to lift sagging skin giving your skin a tighter and a more youthful appearance.
The Thread-Lift procedure is performed to lift and support:
- Asymmetric eyebrows.
- Sagging eyebrows.
- Sagging cheeks.
- Nasolabial folds.
- The mid and lower face and neck.
- Also used to correct male breasts.
- Sagging belly skin post weight loss.
What are Threads made of?
Threads are made of poly lactic acid (PLA) which are naturally occurring substances or poly dioxanone (PDO), both of which have been extensively studied. These are biodegradable and will be safely absorbed by the body within a year.
How is the Procedure done?
There are different techniques in Thread-lifting and a variety of threads are also available. Based on the technique, the type and number of threads used, the duration of the procedure and the cost will vary. The procedure requires only local anesthesia or a topical numbing cream depending on your personal preference. The thread-lift procedure will take 30 minutes to complete. While inserting the threads a mild discomfort is observed, however there is no pain. Also after insertion patient will not be able to feel the threads and are comfortable.
When will the results be shown?
Immediately, post procedure a subtle yet visible lift will be noticed in the treated area. Also after a period of 6-9 weeks the collagen keeps building up leaving a firmer skin.
Instructions Post Procedure?
- Mild bruising may be seen and the treated area may be slightly swollen which will settle within a day or two.
- No pain or mild pain may be felt on the day of the procedure .
- No strenuous activities are to be performed for a week.
- It is necessary to sleep with the head up to reduce swelling.
- Avoid rubbing your face too much for 2-3 weeks post procedure.
- Resume work as normal from the next day.